Will there be any precipitation headed our method? Is an early spring frost occasion coming? These are the weather-related questions that appear to be on all people’s thoughts within the west.
Brett Anderson, of AccuWeather joins visitor host Lyndsey Smith for at present’s RealAg LIVE! centered on weather developments heading in to the seeding season.
RealAg LIVE! streams each weekday at 3 pm E on Youtube, Fb, and Twitter!
- Newest data up by March 1, all through Sask and into Man, soil moisture is effectively under regular
- Already in a fairly enormous deficit, however is there excellent news coming? It’s not dangerous information, however Brett can’t see any excellent news but.
- Nonetheless beneath the affect of a La Niña, so plenty of wind and dry weather; extra storminess anticipated throughout B.C., then windy dry circumstances will dominate for a lot of the spring. Regarding
- What would it not take to show that round? Altering winds throughout the Pacific. Regardless that it might be weakening, the affect will nonetheless be felt for a few months.
- Take this as a warning, getting ready for seeding, anticipate a dry spring
- Forecasting can solely go thus far into the longer term; how far prematurely can we be assured of the forecast? About two weeks
- When there isn’t a La Niña or El Niño, forecasts depend on analogs (the previous) or water temperatures
- Trying on the patterns proper now, it appears to be like just like spring of 2018