This final week of March will see some new experiences are available in, as farmers start to finalize seeding particulars each in Canada and the U.S.
For immediately’s RealAg LIVE!, host Kara Oosterhuis is joined by Jon Driedger, of LeftField Commodity Analysis, to speak “wildcard” crops, canola acres, rotation selections, the forecast, and meant corn and soybean acres. Plus, he talks market demand from China by means of 2021, too.
RealAg LIVE! streams each weekday at 3 pm E on Youtube, Fb, and Twitter!
- Corn markets are tight. Soybean shares are tight.
- Will increase in each corn and soybean acres; definitely the market is creating extra incentive for farmers to plant extra acres
- Simple to miss March 1 shares for these crops; long-term acreage numbers are most essential
- Numerous essential data “dumped” on the identical time
- Carryout numbers?
- Livestock feeding?
- All of us love speaking climate! When will we fear about drought situations?
- U.S. projected planting numbers popping out quickly, how will these have an effect on Canadian acres?
- Canola has its personal story unfolding; money unfold is massive, shouldn’t the costs converge sooner or later?
- For canola futures particularly in 2021, Driedger thinks there might be extra volatility, much less liquidity, provides are tight, erratic is an effective method to put it. WILDCARD
- Is perhaps tougher to forecast how July will come off the board
- Vegetable oil market! Not simply soybean and canola, but in addition palm and sunflower
- Wheat? Probably not an thrilling story recently. Flat market.
- In our seeding season, dryness issues, how will that translate?
- Steadiness sheets are already wanting somewhat tight, it’ll be even tougher when some bushels are shaved off
- Final minute modifications to the rotation?
- Extra particular: canaryseed? Possibly a little bit of a bump, not large
- Yellow pea meal costs have been sturdy; may rely on how tight the soy and meal complicated is
- Inexperienced peas have been lagging, would possibly lose some acres, however may additionally tighten up the market
- Inexperienced lentils won’t have as many acres both
- Key pulse and particular crop rising areas
- Why will the climate be so essential this yr?
- Durum crop in different elements of the world (North Africa)?
- Which crop might be rambunctious? If everybody calls a commodity a darkish horse, is it actually nonetheless a darkish horse?
- FLAX! Can’t overlook about it! Cautious concerning the flax outlook; is likely to be a bit extra weak
- Nonetheless bullish on exports to China from North America by means of 2021?
- Is the largest variable for the depth of China’s shopping for relying on the ASF state of affairs and the way it will develop in 2021?