With a possible federal election coming our method, politics are on the minds of many.
This episode of RealAg LIVE! options Meagan Murdoch, of Nationwide Public Relations, on a few of Canada’s key political conversations in 2021. Host Shaun Haney and Murdoch discuss partisanship, political occasion recognition (say that ten instances quick), the carbon tax, local weather change, and a lot extra!
RealAg LIVE! streams each weekday at 3 pm E on Youtube, Fb, and Twitter!
- What’s Nationwide Public Relations?
- Public relations agency that began 40 years in the past — one of many oldest in Canada
- Workplaces from coast to coast – huge workforce in Toronto
- Murdoch is not any stranger to agriculture — went throughout the nation with former Minister of Agriculture Gerry Ritz
- 4 years as Ritz’s press secretary and director of communications
- Political local weather of Canada proper now could be very a lot blended, and anybody that downloads Nationwide Public Relations’ newest white paper will discover that, too.
- The white paper was a mission of not less than 2 dozen consultants throughout Canada. That’s the quantity of individuals it takes to place collectively one thing like this.
- Covid-19 has heightened partisanship throughout the nation
- Change of tides right here with vaccines
- This technique is far more complicated than we predict it’s
- We’ve got seen some provincial elections transpire throughout COVID-19…however the query proper now’s, will now we have a federal one?
- It’s anybody’s guess. It might go a couple of alternative ways.
- The professionals/cons of going now vs. later vs. six months in the past…COVID-19 has altered the dynamic
- The Trudeau authorities actually had the centre stage within the final yr. It’s not all rosy with Trudeau
- Does Trudeau have the boldness vote? Not essentially
- What’s going on with the Conservatives? Can’t actually appear to achieve traction whether or not it’s Scheer or O’Toole
- Arduous to get any airtime proper now when parliament has been digital for therefore lengthy
- Something actually can occur within the 36 days of an election marketing campaign. Do not forget that.
- Conservative platform — many have been very important. What do they actually stand for?
- With the most recent determination from the Supreme Court docket of Canada relating to carbon tax, how can agriculture work to speak any local weather considerations?
- All of it comes all the way down to how the provinces shall be as influential as they probably can, in defining federal coverage
- There are different methods to succeed in our local weather targets…so it comes all the way down to what conversations occur subsequent
- The funds shall be layered in local weather insurance policies and financial ones
- There’s been a higher push for decentralization
- There shall be an enormous battle over well being funds
- How will we steadiness totally different priorities of the events?
- Are different international locations transferring as quick as we’re with local weather change in Canada?
- We actually have to concentrate to the international locations we share our borders with
- We aren’t transferring faster than the U.S., or progressive international locations like New Zealand
- Largest election merchandise?
- The financial system vs. local weather
- Discuss of not elevating taxes
- Discuss of enhance to the capital good points tax. If it’s going to occur at any time, now’s the time