The most recent World Agricultural Provide and Demand Estimates (WASDE) report was launched Might 12 by the World Agricultural Outlook Board.
Becoming a member of host Shaun Haney to interrupt down the WASDE report on this RealAg LIVE! episode Ted Seifried, of Zaner Ag Hedge. Hear and watch to listen to about ending shares, projected acres, commerce, hedging, and extra.
- Report got here out very a lot as what we had been anticipating, however not what market was anticipating
- Market was upset
- Tighter new crop
- USDA reduce new crop demand
- That corn quantity may very well be a tighter stability sheet? Have a look at December corn in comparison with December beans
- We don’t want to cost ration corn in a large manner
- Now could be the suitable time to see an even bigger break in these markets, lead by new crop corn
- Drought is unquestionably a consideration — however we’re nonetheless too early to say that
- We can be on our tippy-toes for the climate market this 12 months
- Proper now the market has completed its job
- Money market has been tight
- Previous to final 12 months, we had two to a few years the place we didn’t suppose we’d hit USDA numbers, however we did
- The variability to the draw back is rather a lot lower than what’s has been to the years previous
- In some unspecified time in the future throughout the season we’ll on the very least get scared about one thing, and the market will surge once more
- A pause may be okay for a market
- Let’s purchase that demand again a bit
- December corn is down, November beans are up
- Razor skinny carryover in beans
- Between now and September 1, we’re going to get digital zero carryover for beans
- For just a few months we had forgotten about how tight soybeans are
- The soybean stability sheet is the place we actually may see fireworks
- The November soybean contract may be very underrated proper now
- How does that issue into farmers attempting to determine their advertising and marketing technique?
- There’s a distinction between promoting too early at $8, and promoting too early at $14
- Money gross sales and future gross sales to handle threat
- Name choices to handle alternative
- Greater costs — has ration demand elevated?
- In order that’s precisely what the report was about. We didn’t see any previous crop ration
- Bulls generate income, bears generate income, and pigs get slaughtered
- Spring wheat growers in Western Canada — how ought to they take a look at right this moment’s WASDE?
- There wasn’t a complete lot of a takeaway on the wheat facet
- There have been some individuals in search of a extra bullish wheat report, particularly within the spring wheat facet
- This may very well be a time for a break for wheat out there
- When you will have excessive value corn and excessive value wheat, you begin to kill off a number of the demand. We haven’t actually seen that in previous crop but
- Brazil — some persons are saying on this report they’re too optimistic on Brazilian output primarily based on climate circumstances
- Once more, relies upon a lot on the climate
- Lets examine these numbers once more in a month
- What ought to producers be watching within the a number of months forward?
- Sizzling and heavy rally with December corn, left beans behind. Now beans would be the one to observe.
- Any kind of climate issues, these beans will preserve taking pictures up
- Seifried says he’d prefer to see individuals 50 per cent bought on new crop beans