The purpose of adopting measures to fight warmth stress will not be solely to preserve poultry birds alive but additionally to get manufacturing out of them to obtain focused figures i.e. variety of egg from layers and a greater physique weight at specific age with particular FCR in broilers.
The next steps will assist to fight warmth stress in poultry birds:
- Housing Administration
- Water Administration
- Feed Administration
- Normal Administration
1. Housing Administration for Poultry Birds
a) Orient the lengthy axis of poultry home in an east-west course to reduce photo voltaic heating and directed entry to daylight.
b) Poultry homes in tropics ought to have good roof insulation (if doable with false roof to scale back the conduction of warmth) with help of foggers and cooler programs.
c) In open sided homes, width of home shall be a limiting issue so preserve the optimum width (24-32 ft) based mostly on temperature, humidity and wind velocity, sort of home and nature of chook for efficient cross air flow.
d) Elevated air motion over the birds by cooler followers/exhaust to produce a wind chill impact which can cool birds even with out drop in the home temperature.
e) Shed design and development shouldn’t enable direct daylight on birds.
f) Thatching of roof with paddy straw or sugar cane leaves will scale back temperature contained in the shed.
g) The roof needs to be painted with white wash to replicate mild.
h) Shades from tall timber and plantation across the sheds can scale back the radiant warmth. The plantation of timber needs to be such that timber shall be leafy throughout summer season and bald throughout winter.
i) Roof overhangs needs to be ample (3-5 ft) to shield the birds from robust sunrays.
Learn Additionally: Distinction between Poultry Vaccines and Poultry Medicine
2. Water Administration for Poultry Birds
Virtually water is crucial standards of those 4 managemental elements throughout summer season. In summer season water consumption is 3-4 occasions extra. Even a slight shortfall of water can lead to warmth stroke and mortality. Usually feed and water consumption ratio is 1:2 however when temperature shoots past 95ºF, this ratio might enhance up to 1:4 or extra.
Factors to be considered embrace:
- Provide of loads of clear and funky water (60-70ºF) have to be ensured throughout summer season months.
- Use good high quality sanitizers in water to management infections by way of water.
- For day previous chicks present cool water and electrolytes on their arrival to farm earlier than providing feed to keep away from dehydration after transportation.
- Cowl water tanks with moist gunny luggage to keep away from direct publicity to solar.
- Improve variety of waterers by 25%.
- Improve frequency of watering.
- In case of nipple drinkers, insulate nipple pipe with moist gunny fabric.
- Present electrolyte (1-2 gm/liter) in water throughout scorching hours.
- Addition of 0.25% of salt to consuming water will increase water consumption.
- Regulate the quantities of medicines and volumes of water used for water vaccination to replicate the rise water consumption of the flock throughout scorching climate.
- Don’t withhold consuming water from the flock when vaccine is offered by way of consuming water.
3. Feed Administration for Poultry Birds
- Throughout summer season consumption of feed by birds is diminished significantly main to diminished physique weight, egg manufacturing and shell amount.
- Improve the frequency of feeding.
- Don’t provide feed throughout day time in broilers.
- Sure modifications in feed formulations are essential.
- Improve nutrient density of feed to compensate for depressed feed consumption.
- Vitality of feed needs to be diminished. Crude protein content material shouldn’t be elevated as a result of warmth generated by one gram of fats is 16.5% or one gram of fats is 22.5%.
- Equally, 20-30% additional nutritional vitamins and hint minerals needs to be added to feed.
- Accessible phosphorous content material of feed needs to be elevated.
- Vitamin C is important to keep integrity of blood vessels. Supplementation of vitamin C at 200-500 gm/ton feed shall be useful.
- vitamin E at 50 gm/ton feed can even be useful.
- Pelleted feeding is helpful the place low vitality fiber diets are used.
- Add soda-bicarbonate at 0.1% for enchancment of shell high quality.
- Since scorching humid local weather favors progress of moulds/fungi in feed, so fixed use of anti-fungal is beneficial.
- The food plan needs to be balanced with limiting amino-acids, Methionine and lysine which can give higher outcomes.
- Improve the calcium degree from 3-3.5% in layer food plan.
- Inclusion of Vitamin A 8000 IU and Vitamin E 250mg/kg food plan for higher efficiency and fight warmth stress.
Learn Additionally: Worm infestation in Poultry: Indicators and Remedy
4. Normal Administration Practices for Poultry Birds
- Litter ideally recent litter of two inches thickness with racking or stiring of litter 2-3 occasions a day throughout cool hours is beneficial.
- 10% additional flooring area needs to be offered in summer season.
- Overcrowding of birds needs to be averted.
- Shifting, transportation, de-beaking and vaccination needs to be accomplished throughout night time or cool hours of the day.
- Birds severely warmth confused could also be dipped in chilly water for 2-3minutes holding their neck and head above the water degree.
- Present correct cross air flow.
- Followers (pedestal, ceiling or exhaust) could also be fitted in sheds.
- Use foggers in the shed which might scale back the shed temperature up to 5-10ºC relying upon high quality.
- Use of paint, white lime and many others virtually reduces the shed temperature up to 2ºC
- Use aspect curtain in shed which needs to be sprinkled with water.
- Present 3 exhaust followers on one aspect and pad cooling on different aspect (200ft) which fully seals the shed sides and brings down temperature under 8ºC.
- Use sprinklers on the highest or inside shed.
- Encompass the home with tall timber.
- Thatched roof is appropriate for warm areas.
- The home needs to be located away from different buildings in order to facilitate free motion of air.
- Excessive altitude of roof is ordinarily 2.6 to 3.5m from basis to the roof line to present most air flow.
- Present 1meter overhang to minimize the direct solar and rain into the home.
Associated: Strategies of Livestock Breeding in the Tropical Setting
Have you ever visited our Market Place At this time? Observe this hyperlink to go to Agric4profits.com Market Place now to try our inexpensive merchandise & providers which may curiosity you and resolve your present wants at a really low cost worth. You may also Promote your Personal Merchandise & Companies on the Market Place for Free by clicking on this hyperlink to Get Began!