What’s the distinction between weeds and a canopy crop?
You’ll need to hear on to this week’s episode of Wheat Pete’s Phrase for the punchline. Hear beneath or obtain for later and hear hhost Peter Johnson who can’t consider the beans are turning already, needs to make Hay West occur, and talks clover success and weed management!
Have a query you’d like Johnson to handle or some yield outcomes to ship in? Disagree with one thing he’s stated? Go away him a message at 1-888-746-3311, ship him a tweet (@wheatpete), or e mail him at [email protected]
- Wheat Pete will get organic to kick off the Phrase
- Cranberry beans are beginning to flip, each so barely
- White beans beginning to flip, too
- Crans within the first week of September?
- It’s an early yr — soybeans are achieved flowering in some areas, will they re-flower? Doubt it
- This implies: the wheat crop ought to get planted on time
- Humidity will increase gibberella threat, 60% relative humidity at 11:00 am is sort of a rain
- White mould threat, too
- Double-cob corn makes nice pickled corn cobs, however not yield
- Western Canada: ultra early spring wheat (April 11), 2″ of rain all season, and he had a crop! Half respectable. He didn’t lose reserve moisture
- Durum one discipline over, lower than 5 bu/ac
- Herbicide utilized in 2021 could also be an enormous concern in 2022 due to lack of moisture, no herbicide breakdown
- Hay to ship west? Contact Beef Farmers of Ontario is sending hay to Wet River and Kenora districts
- Oat hay will possible be moist, won’t make dry hay for donating
- Ought to we not simply be bringing cattle right here? It will be extra environment friendly
- Highway security alert! Take your time, don’t go on a curve
- Falling quantity shouldn’t be a feed concern, it’s a milling concern
- It doesn’t need to be visibly sprouted
- The lodged wheat skilled greater humidity down at floor stage
- Does low take a look at weight imply decrease yield? Check weight is weight in a sure quantity. Identical tonnage whole, however “fluffier” seeds
- Invisible loss: mice, deer, birds, shattering
- Success with purple clover…tune in to The Agronomists Monday at 8 pm E, Aug 16 (right here)
- Weed roots the identical as cowl crop roots?
- One yr seeding, seven years weeding
- Skinny purple clover? Add extra oats!
- Straw is off, spraying ragweed, use glyphosate, it’ll get volunteer winter wheat too
- Including nitrogen to wheat straw to interrupt it down? It pains Johnson to say that a bit of little bit of tillage may assist greater than including N
- No rye in entrance of corn! Oats, oats, oats!
- Controlling volunteer corn in soybeans. Too late. Pre-harvest interval window is closing shortly
- Nightshade, might need to undergo with one other glyphosate utility, don’t allow them to set berries