The host of Wheat Pete’s Phrase, Peter “Wheat Pete” Johnson, is urging Ontario wheat growers to get these ultimate yields reported so we will say as soon as and for all if the province set a brand new document common wheat yield.
There’s that on this week’s Phrase, plus a frank dialogue on revenge spraying fungicide, why the crop is up to now forward, and what which may imply for corn yield. Plus, why there’s been an actual uptick in winter canola curiosity in Ontario.
Have a query you’d like Johnson to handle or some yield outcomes to ship in? Disagree with one thing he’s stated? Go away him a message at 1-888-746-3311, ship him a tweet (@wheatpete), or e-mail him at [email protected]
- Manure Expo! Digital, however please register manureexpo.ca
- Flush to discipline — we have to speak about all our “waste”
- Design concepts: why are old-timey barrels formed how they’re?
- For goodness sake, report your yields
- Oat crop is just 50 per cent of final yr’s for some farmers
- Relying on the rain and warmth. It’s so dangerous, some fields in Western Canada, lower than 5 bu/ac
- Ought to we do an awesome hay swap? Hold wrapped hay right here and ship dry hay moist (name CFA if in case you have hay, please)
- Crop efficiency knowledge is up! Not many new wheat varieties on take a look at, sadly
- Glorious response to fungicide within the winter wheat crop, regardless that it was dry heading in to the flowering interval
- Common temperature change over 40 years might shock you
- For Ontario, we’re close to common for warmth models, however forward of growth by 10 days ish
- Planted early, sure, however extra superior than even planting date would recommend
- Some soybeans are yellowing early — heat nights? Might be.
- What about yield potential? Tip again being reported within the corn crop
- We might see shallower kernels, relying on day size and sunshine
- That is when that double cob will find yourself aborted…for all of these asking
- It’s TOO late for white mould spraying. Cease!
- Genetics nonetheless make all of the distinction, y’all
- Tar spot within the corn crop is spreading. See extra on Ontario Diagnostic Days
- Northern corn leaf blight: circumstances have been very best for growth
- Winter canola seed is sold out in Ontario
- If winter canola is seeding and doesn’t develop, drive on with corn, it’s OK
- Winter barley after winter wheat means a danger of take-all and root ailments
- After oats could be nice, they’re much less associated
- Corn smut comes from the soil (you may eat it)
- Sudden loss of life in soybeans
- Grain in a granary has bugs. In fact it does